Labels

Friday, March 4, 2011

Reading week is over

The week that every college/university student looks forward to and plans everything in just a couple days. Were you able to do everything you wanted? And when its over you wish you could of done more, some even wish school would start already. I think one thing that ruined my reading week was that I wasn't able to get all my homework done yet simply because of a maintenance on the website we get our homework notes and assignments from. Aside from that I wish I did more, I got lazy the past couple days and didn't do as much as I really wanted and now comes my really busy weekend of work and family stuff. I think if i could go back a couple days I would of planned a snowboarding trip or went away for a couple days. It sucks that not all schools have reading week at the same time because it would only make sense so why would they do that.
I can't say I didn't do anything at all productive this week but Im saying I wish I did more. And a couple of the days I did really enjoy. now for another 7 or 8 weeks of school, I dunno. I can't believe how close I am to being done my first year. I should be on second but I had to take the year off and I do and don't regret making that choice, I may of been doing something I didn't like and I know im now doing something I really enjoy. It feels like a couple weeks ago I was just signing up for my classes and meeting new people. Time really goes by fast when your enjoying it.

I am now stuck trying to figure out what program I should do next year. I almost got an apprenticeship with some hotel in downtown toronto where I would have to work 3 years in order to get and it sounds awesome but I guess i replied way to late with my reference numbers, I wont ever know the real reason. Anyways the programs I have a choice between are Culinary Management which is more advanced cooking and Im guessing learning about running a restaurant and then I have Culinary Management Nutrition. That is basically to learn how to cook healthy and I guess I would be considered a qualified dietitian. Still figuring out the details. Thank god I have until may to decide. The Nutrition one does sound interesting but it seems like the most they make is 70g a year and thats highend so thats not easy to achieve. Though with just management I learn how to start and run a restaurant that could potentially be making me over 100k a year if I run it properly but with a 99% of failure. 

I will separate the paragraphs so its easier to read. 

This is a very hard decision to make. I really wanted to take the french program but those fuckfaces got rid of it for a reason i have no idea about. I feel I may just end up doing management if I can't decide because I can learn about nutrition on my own time, maybe not as much as going to a class but still. I do want to go to University for a year or two and take business and minor in  psychology or something like that. I know the minor might be irrelevant but its something I personally want to take. I will probably bring this stuff up in another post when I have more information and maybe have finally come up with a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment