When I came to the conclusion I wanted to go to chef school I was very excited about becoming a chef, I had all these goals that I wanted to achieve and I tried to cook what ever i had the money to pay for. But since I am in school now, those goals seem farther away then I had originally thought.
The whole reason I got into cooking is because growing up my family did not have a lot of money and so we suffered when it came to food, we ate kraft dinner like 4-5 times a week and maybe something cooked once every two weeks, I hate kraft dinner. I think it is completely disgusting and I never want to eat it again. anyways back to wanting to become a chef, i was sick of having these foods and I wanted real food, I wanted to learn how to cook amazing dinners and awesome desserts and travel the world at the same time. that was all until i got into college.
The first week seemed fine but thats also because we didn't make anything yet so I was still thinking how hard could this be. well second week rolls around and we have to make chicken and beef stocks. I had no damn clue how to possibly make any of that. It seemed all the research I had done didn't teach me anything I was actually learning to make in school. I was a little discouraged at that point but I am not a quitter, so I decided to try my best.
I was having lots of trouble with my culinary skills class I will admit, and I feel it had to do mostly with my preparation. Baking I think prep is a lot easier but cooking is def not. also I didn't practice any of the meals until recently, we had to make stuffed chicken legs and a sauce to go with it, so i practiced the stuffed leg. the stuffed chicken leg came out perfect but i burnt the sauce and it tasted like the shit of all shit. Im not even going to get started on the poached chicken sauce, i completely fucked that up beyond repair. But what i learned from this is some practice actually might be very helpful. I also may need to spend the time working how to cook sauces since that is prob one of the most important things for a cook to learn how to do.
So I'm thinking i might post the recipe each week and discuss how i did and what I should of worked on and also it may be a free recipe for who ever is reading. I will actually start a section on my blog where you can look at everything i have had to cook and what i will end up cooking and also my workplans if i can still find them.
No comments:
Post a Comment