You know a band is amazing when it takes you a while to like their songs and when you do you never get sick of it. Tool does that for me. And i think the reason it takes a while for me to like their songs is because of how complex it is and to understand it takes the right moment and mood. When i started listening to them I only liked two songs. Vicarious and The Pot back in 2006 or something like that. I had heard those songs on the radio while i was trying to go to sleep and so i was in the perfect mood for listening to them.
(The Pot)This was the first song I have heard by them and I thought it was ok, its not my fav one by them but I don't mind it either. still a really good song
(Vicarious)This was The first song by tool i really liked and I thought the lyrics were beyond amazing. and the message is very true. we do watch horror movies and shows about killing because it excites us. not sure if that normal or not but it is kinda fucked up if you think about it.(btw the sound quality on this video is terrible i know, just look up another without the video)
After I bought 10,000 days, I just started listening to tool all the time, not only is that my fav album but its almost one of the coolest albums i have ever bought in terms of design. This whole album has art work from Alex Gray, an amazing artist and they show alot of his artwork throughout their videos. Im not sure how long before they have been using his art work but i love it.
here is a link to Alex Gray's artwork if your interested. http://www.alexgrey.com/gs.html
He is my favorite artist and he does the most amazing art i have ever seen, it only makes sense tool and Alex Gray collaborate.
(Ænema)I stumbled upon this song when I was looking up more tool songs and it instantly became the song i listened to all the time. It reflected how i viewed the world at that time and it was also just a badass epic song. With this song I started checking out the rest of the album and then I really started liking the video below.
(Hooker with a penis) Now i know what you think when you read that, but it has nothing to do with transvestites or cross dressers. Hes just talking about this guy or hypothetical guy, it may be implying that women are usually hookers so hence why he said with a penis. Anyways, This song put the music industry into a whole different perspective for me about selling out and what not. and he pointed out a really good fact, we the consumers are actually the sellouts in a weird to explain way. just listen to the words and you will get what i mean.
(Right in two) Going back to the 10,000 Days album i started listening to this jewel of a song. I could not believe how amazing this song was. the insturmental, lyrics and the aura just blew me away. greed seems to be the backbone of this song, and how it is doing its damage.( thats how i perceive it as) I have probably listened to this song like 1500 times, and im not bullshiting it could actually be more. My ipod alone has a 1035 count on it. I feel that everybody should give this song a chance and listen to it. I bet the world would be a better place if people thought of this.
Watch Tool Jambi Morgasmo in Entertainment | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com
(Jambi) This right here, this amazing incomparable song is by far my fav song right now. I can listen to this all day if I really wanted to. I cannot get sick of this song. Not only is the song great, the video is a masterpiece. The thing about the 10,000 Days album is that its about the singers mother, 10,000 days represents how long she lived after having a stroke till the day she died(10,000 days= 27 years), and this whole album is dedicated to her. I also think this song is clearly about his love for her. My fav line of this song has to be:
"So if I could I'd wish it all away, if I thought tomorrow would take you away
You're my peace of mind, my home, my center
I'm just trying to hold on one more day"
after these lines im guessing it represents the death of his mom, before hand representing just before and how it all built up. seriously i love this song, no song can ever bring out the emotions or state of mind that this song has given me. The Insturmental is sooo epic. i cant imagine how hard it is to play this fucking amazing for 7 and a half minutes.
Please of all songs/video i post on this, this is the video you must watch, its a self evolving song
(Forty Six & 2) This is another jewel by the amazing tool. I guarantee this song talks more about life then you can handle. It is about evolving to the next level of consciousness. I know what your thinking, WHAT!!!. thats what i first thought when i heard this stuff. but honestly if you want a really really good explanation you will have to watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OufK0647p1U&feature=related
it will explain it way better then i ever can. I do believe in most of this and I think its a goal to learn more about this. true or not it sounds like the most amazing to learn about.
(Wings for marie(part 1)-10,000 days(wings part 2)) another two songs off the 10,000 days album. these two songs are about the singers mom again. they are really beautiful pieces of music and can be really sad if you can relate, but it will then make you feel better. these songs have very strong lyrics and is very uplifting. I feel you can listen to them by themselfs because they really are two pieces of a puzzle that must be complete to see the picture of a greater puzzle that is the album. I know weird way to put it.
There is soo much I can write about tool but I guess i can save that for another post. Im just going to post more videos of that songs i really like by tool. I know there are a ton of songs that tool has done that wont be posted, It doesn't mean I don't think they are good, it just means I haven't had the opportunity to really get into it. just like i said in the first line of this blog post. please dont be a jerk when you comment. all the things i said about the songs were my perception of the songs. Please give tool a chance, they can change your life. most people I know that like tool consider them the best band simply because of the level that they play on is just so hard to reach for other bands. just because other bands cant play like tool does't make them bad.
here are some more videos by tool and two videos by a perfect circle( singers other band)
(sober) amazing song, first and only video i think that has the band in it. one of my favs.
(Bottom) a song off undertow. really good
(Rosetta stoned) i may be wrong but i do think this is about tripping on dmt or something else. fucking awesome song.
(Counting Bodies Like Sheep- A Perfect Circle) This song is just amazing, its not one of their complicated message songs. the video is very well done. Im not sure if its fan made or the actual official video for the song. (MUST WATCH)
(Imagine-A Perfect Circle(John Lennon Cover) This is a fantastic cover, tho it should be watched with the video. It shows alot of controversial images and clips. I think the two clips that follow 3:16 has to be the most affecting clips side by side. Its really a sad thing. we have come this far and still there is world hunger. We have the ability to make life amazing for everybody on earth yet greed is there preventing it.
Im going to end this post here. I will update it in the future with more information about Tool and maybe about A Perfect Circle. please comment and tell me what you think without being an ignorant dumbass. please enjoy and watch all videos, you wont regret taking the time
UPDATE.
I have now started listening to the lateralus by tool and I fucking love this song. I will post below the video of a cool fact i learned from it

No comments:
Post a Comment